Vacancy Notice - Visual & Technological Arts - Swami Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies
SWAMI VIPULANANDA INSTITUTE OF AESTHETIC STUDIES
EASTERN UNIVERSITY, SRI LANKA
Swami Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies, Eastern University, Sri Lanka will entertain applications from the suitably qualified persons for the following posts.
I. Department of Visual & Technological Arts
- Senior Lecturer Gr.I/Gr.II/Lecturer (Probationary) in Art History and Museum Studies
Seeking an art historian with a background in museum studies to teach courses in world art history and theory, South Asian art history and theory, and museum studies
- Senior Lecturer Gr.I/Gr.II/Lecturer (Probationary) in Folklore and Cultural Studies
Seeking an anthropologist, folklorist or cultural historian to teach courses in South Asian and Sri Lankan folklore; world cultures; semiotics and narrative; storytelling; ethnographic research; and visual anthropology.
- Senior Lecturer Gr.I/Gr.II/Lecturer (Probationary) in Sculpture and Installation Art
Seeking an accomplished 3-D artist with the ability to teach core courses in design principles, spatial dynamics and material reasoning; and to teach across scales, techniques and materials.
- Senior Lecturer Gr.I/Gr.II/Lecturer (Probationary) in Animation
Seeking an accomplished animation artist with the ability to teach basic technical skills and advanced animation courses using various programs and time based media.
- Senior Lecturer Gr.I/Gr.II/Lecturer (Probationary) in Painting
Seeking an accomplished artist and leader eager to help develop new curriculum and able to teach core courses in 2 and 3-D practice – including drawing, color theory, painting, printmaking, sculpture, and mixed-media, and advanced courses in their area of specialization.
Note : Medium of Instruction for all Degree Programmes is Tamil
(1) A Degree with specialization in the relevant subject with First or Second Class (Upper Division) Honours
(2) (2) A Degree with specialization in the relevant subject with Second Class (Lower Division) Honours
(3) (I) (a) A Degree with specialization in the relevant subject-without Honours or any other degree with at least Second Class Honours, and
(b) a Postgraduate Degree. The required postgraduate degree shall be
i. A doctoral Degree in the relevant field
ii. A Masters Degree in the relevant field obtained after a full time course of study of at least 24 months duration ( or an equivalent part-time course of study) with a research component by way of thesis/ dissertation.
iii. A full time Masters Degree in the relevant field of a minimum of 18 months duration with at least 60 credits Units* of which not less than 15 credit units of research by way of thesis/ dissertation.
(*A credit unit considered per course should be within the ‘Definition of a Credit’ given in sub-section 2.2 of the Sri Lanka Qualifications Framework (SLQF)
(a) Candidates who are eligible under category (1) of the scheme of recruitment be interviewed and evaluated first
(b) Candidates eligible under (2) and (3) above can be invited for an interview only either candidates under category (1) are not available or found to be unsuitable by the Selection Committee after interview and evaluation. Appointment of the candidates under category (2) & (3) requires special justification of the Selection Committee and the approval of the Council and the UGC. If no candidates are available under category (1) approval of the UGC to appoint applicants under Category (2) & (3) is not necessary.
(c) Only if there are no suitable candidates under the first three categories the candidates under category (4) may be invited for an interview. After evaluation the Selection Committee can submit its recommendation to the Council with valid justifications. Approval of the UGC is thereafter required to appoint a candidate eligible under category (4) of the scheme of recruitment.
(d) If the Selection Committee is not satisfied with the performance of candidate/ candidates, but otherwise well qualified, such candidate/ candidates be appointed as temporary Lecturer/Lecturers for the period of one year and at the end of such period they may be appointed as Lecturer (Probationary) having subjected them for the another interview and presentation.
(e) Such temporary Lecturers be paid the initial step of U-AC-3(IV) salary scale having included the allowances approved by the UGC for temporary posts at present as a fixed salary per month. Temporary Lecturers are not entitled to receive academic allowance
(f) All new appointments to the Post of Lecturer (Probationary) be made at the initial of the salary scale concerned.
Special Note: All Lecturers (Probationary) shall complete an induction training course (which includes Teaching/Learning Methodologies) within a period of one year from the date of first appointment. This is a pre-requisite for probationary study leave and confirmation in the post.
- Senior Lecturer Gr.I/II/Lecturer (Probationary) - refer UGC Circular Nos.721, 935, 996, 08/2016 and 08/2016 (i)
Note: Academic Staff members from other Higher Educational Institutions, who wish to spend
their sabbatical leave may also apply.
REMUNERATION AND OTHER BENEFITS
|Post||Salary Code||Salary Scale||Academic Allowance|
|Senior Lecturer Gr.I||U-AC 3 (I)||01.01.2018 - Rs.70,667 - 7x1632 - 82,091p.m
01.01.2020 - Rs.87,415 - 7x2020 - 101,555 p.m
Senior Lecturer Gr.II
|U-AC 3 (II)||01.01.2018 - Rs.61,667 - 11x1228 - 75,175p.m
01.01.2020- Rs.76,275 – 11x1520 – 92,995 p.m
|Lecturer(Probationary)||U-AC 3 (IV)||01.01.2018 - Rs.43,051 - 10x1002 - 53,071p.m||115.00 %|
Note: The other allowances determined by the University Grants Commission will be paid in
addition to the above salary according to the existing regulations.
- Selected candidate will contribute 10% of their monthly salary to the Universities’ Provident Fund, while the employer will make a contribution of 15% of their salary of which 8% will be credited to the Universities’ Pension Fund and 7% to the Universities’ Provident Fund. In addition, they will become contributors to the Employees Trust Fund under which the University will contribute an amount equivalent to 3% of the salary.
- The Senior Academics will be eligible for sabbatical leave for one year with pay or two years on no-pay on completion of 07 years of service. Those proceeding abroad on sabbatical leave will be entitled to receive full return air passage for self and spouse.
METHOD OF RECRUITMENT
Senior Lecturer Gr. I/II, Lecturer (Probationary) - by Practical test and interview
Note: Age limit for all the above posts: Not more than 45 years.
(Age limit does not apply to the Employees in the service of the Government Department, Statutory Boards and State Corporations)
APPLICATIONS AND PARTICULARS
Those who wish to obtain application forms and relevant details could download on the University website (www.esn.ac.lk). Downloaded application forms should accompany with the paid Bank Slip for the deposit of a sum of Rs.100/= credited to the current account No: 075-100110000-767 of Swami Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies, Peoples Bank, Batticaloa and submit the application to the Deputy Registrar, Swami Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies, Kallady, Batticaloa,” (Either in person or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope 23x10 c.m. in size).
The application forms could be obtained from the Office of the Deputy Registrar/Establishments, Swami Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies, Kallady, Batticaloa, from Monday to Friday during office hours by submitting the paid Bank Slip. Those who wish to obtain application forms by post are requested to send a self-addressed stamped envelope (23cm x10 cm in size), along with the paid Bank Slip to the above address.
The post applied for should be marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope.\
- The candidates who apply for more than one post should submit separate applications along with separate Bank slip in separate cover for each post.
- Applicants who are employees of Government Departments, State Corporations and Statutory Bodies should forward their applications through the Head of their respective institutions, but may send an advance copy in the first instance. However, no such applicant will be considered for interview, if the application channeled through the Head of the Department is not received.
- Completed applications along with certified photocopies of the educational & professional qualifications with statement of the Degree and service certificates should be sent under registered cover to reach “Deputy Registrar / Establishments, Swami Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies, Eastern University, Sri Lanka, Kallady, Batticaloa” on or before 10/01/2018.
Incomplete & illegible applications orapplications which are not attached with supportive documents & paid Bank slip or applications received by the University after the closing date will be rejected.
Note: The University reserves the right to short list and interview only such applicants as the University may consider suitable for appointment.
DEPUTY REGISTRAR Contact No. 0652050695
Swami Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies
Eastern University, Sri Lanka