Post of University Business Linkages (UBL) Cell Manager (Full Time on Contract)
The Eastern University, Sri Lanka will entertain applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of UBL Cell Manager, University Business Linkage Cell (UBL Cell) under AHEAD grant up to 19.06.2019.
The UBL Cell Manager is appointed on full-time basis by the Director, OTS-AHEAD Operation of Eastern University, Sri Lanka. Initially the appointment will be made for a period of 06 months and may be renewed based on performance.
A degree from a recognized University AND a sound knowledge and experience on Entrepreneurship/Business/Management.
2. REMUNERATION AND OTHER BENEFITS
A payment of Rs. 55,000/- per month (Fixed) with EPF and ETF shall be paid.
3. KEY TASKS:
- Support the UBL Cell Director to monitor and coordinate AHEAD activities under the overall implementation of UGC circular 10/2016, and any subsequent updates, at the University.
- Assist the UBL Cell Director to submit Phases 1-4 of the UBL Cell score card to the OMST in a timely manner.
- Assist the UBL Cell Director to develop an overview of what are the R&D and innovation projects at the university which have potential commercialization value. Identify the faculty members and senior students who are involved and their disciplines.
- Support the UBL Cell Director to build a network of entrepreneurs, investors, small and large businesses which can work with the University researchers.
- Coordinate the actions related to strengthen the knowledge of Intellectual Property among academics and students, and support them to obtain IP protection where relevant.
- Facilitate the commercializing of research and innovation outcomes of the University.
- Assist the UBL Cell Director to report the physical, procurement and financial progress and the performance indicators of the UBL Score card to the OMST.
- Liaise regularly and closely with the OMST to ensure smooth functioning of the AHEAD activities.
- Get familiar with all documentation prepared based on the UBL cell score card and with suitable editing use it in the commercialization of research.
- Be responsible for the timely administration of the UBL Cell.
- Maintaining records, assisting the conduction of procurement reviews and furnishing reports as required.
- Any other activities instructed by the Director, UBL Cell to satisfy the timely requirements of the UBL Cell activities of the Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
Note: For further information please refer the UGC Commission Circular No. 10/2016.
4. APPLICATION FORMS AND DETAILS IN GENERAL
Application form and other information could be downloaded from here
5. HOW TO APPLY
01. The post applied for should be marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
02. Applicants who are employees of Government Departments, State Corporations and Statutory Bodies should forward their application through the Head of their respective institutions, but may send an advance copy in the first instance. However, no such applicant will be considered for interview, if the application channeled through the Head of the Department is not received.
03. Completed applications along with certified photocopies of the educational & professional qualifications with statement of the Degree and service certificates should be sent under registered cover to reach “Senior Assistant Registrar / Establishments (Academic), Eastern University, Sri Lanka, Vantharumoolai, Chenkalady” on or before 19.06.2019.
05. Applications will not be entertained personally and the University will not bear any responsibility for such submissions.
Incomplete & illegible application, application which are not attached with supportive documents and applications received by the University after the closing date will be rejected without intimation.
Note: The University reserves the right to short list and interview only such applicants as the University may consider suitable for appointment.
Eastern University, Sri Lanka