OTS, AHEAD OPERATIONS
EASTERN UNIVERSITY, SRI LANKA
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
for the Post of Consultant
to design an Industrial Technology Center at the Department of Commerce,
Faculty of Commerce and Management
World Bank funded ELTA-ELSE Department Development Project.
The Operational Technical Secretariat (OTS) of the AHEAD Operations of the Eastern University, Sri Lanka invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services through the submission of the expressions of interest along with a sample proposed plan with not more than 500 words and the updated CV.
The consultant will be required to:
- Develop a plan to establish Community based Industrial Technology Center for entrepreneurs by incorporating expectations/business plans of the students and activity coordinators of the Project.
- Designing the Industrial Technology Center (Building Plan-partitioning the existing lecture hall, Layout of the machineries, Name of the machineries, equipment and tools required for the center, Required numbers and Details of suppliers of the machineries, equipment and tools)
- Develop a constitution for implementing the center activity with the participation of necessary stakeholders.
- Guiding the respective lecturers to operate the center activities.
- Make revision, if required, on the planned activities after implementations.
- Develop a plan for achieving the self-sustainability of the center.
- Facilitate to develop ideas and prototypes for inventors and innovators through a free idea lab or an idea incubator.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration/ Commerce /Management from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.
- Preference will be given to those who are teaching ‘Entrepreneurship’ as a subject to undergraduates and those who serve/d as Directors or Managers of any entrepreneurship-related centers or units.
- Involvement in the establishment of such entrepreneurship-related centers or units.
Selection procedures: Consultants will be selected adopting Individual Consultant selection procedures.
Duration of the Consultancy: One Month
Remuneration: LKR 50,000 on completion of the project.
Method of Application:
OTS AHEAD Operations
Eastern University, Sri Lanka
Phone: 065 205 9393