OTS, AHEAD OPERATIONS
EASTERN UNIVERSITY, SRI LANKA
Expressions of Interest for a Consultant
To design group projects/ activities/ Internships to enhance scientific engagement to address local community needs & environmental
concerns for the Faculty of Science under the
ELTA-ELSE Faculty Development Project funded by the World Bank
The Operational Technical Secretariat (OTS) of the AHEAD Operations of the Eastern University, Sri Lanka invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services through the submission of the expressions of interest along with a sample proposed plan with not more than 500 words and the updated CV.
Proposed Tasks and deliverables:
- Conducting stake-holders meetings with local community, academics of the Faculty of Science and Science undergraduates of EUSL to identify the community needs and environmental concerns, potential science projects samples and their possible opportunities and threats - Work Plan including the schedule of meetings to be held with each stake-holders is required.
- Conducting at least four workshops for the academic staff on designing, supervising and assessing a credit bearing course: ‘community outreach projects/ activities/ Internships to enhance scientific engagement to address local community needs & environmental concerns’ for the second year undergraduates - A report including details of: Workshops held, Designed materials and List of identified suitable projects are required.
- Designing the course material by developing the ILO, learning-teaching strategies to attain the ILOs and assessment methods to ascertain the achievement of ILOs for the course- Final draft report that includes the Course material with the following should be submitted to OTS both as soft copy and hard bound;
- Intended learning outcomes (ILOs),
- Learning-teaching strategies to attain the ILOs,
- Assessment methods to ascertain the achievement of ILOs
for the second-year credit bearing course “Community Outreach: Scientific Engagement
4. Providing any other relevant support and guidelines if and when necessary- Comments and reviews and submission of final report incorporating the comments as appropriate
A senior academic with PhD degree in Science stream. The consultant must have at least five years of experience in Science based curriculum development and conducting workshops on curriculum development. Experience in OBE-LCT is preferable.
Selection procedures: Consultants will be selected adopting Individual Consultant selection procedures.
Duration of the Consultancy: Six Months
Remuneration: A consultancy fee of LKR. 460,000 will be paid as lump sum based on successful completion of the key tasks mentioned above and submission of the final report to the satisfaction of the Faculty of Science.
Four workshops (2 days each) should be conducted to the academic staff of Faculty of Science. Additionally, a subsistence of LKR 45,000 will be paid for each visit to conduct the workshop, to cover the transport, accommodation and meals on completion of the workshop.
Method of Application:
OTS AHEAD Operations
Eastern University, Sri Lanka
Phone: 065 205 9393