Discussion with farmer representatives of all divisions of the Batticaloa District
A collaborative discussion was held on 15.12.2022 with the distinguished participation of Academic staff from the Faculty of Agriculture and Faculty of Technology to meet the farmer representatives of all divisions through the Chamber of Commerce Industry and Agriculture. Academics are in person and did hear the real issues of Agriculture and understood curiously with novel suggestions. Several inputs from the farmers lead to important conclusions of essential Famer-based contextualized educational training and comprehensive farming community-based research. The expected outcome is formulated Evidence-based Integrated Green solution for the contextual problems and issues of Farmers in Batticaloa District and the key results of the discussion are
- Student lead research Initiatives on Comprehensive short-term solutions for contemporary issues
- Analyzed Famer centered problems as long-term research topics
- Categorized Famer centered short trainings
- Creation of an Instant Farmer support system which includes Farmers and Academia
- Initiate farmer managed Knowledge sharing platform (comprising model farmers and Farms)
The event is Chaired by the Vice-Chancellor. And The chairmen, the Chamber of Commerce Industry and Agriculture co-chaired and facilitated the Event. Deans of two faculties participated with the Heads of the Department and Academics of community units in the respective Faculties. Director Center for Industry and Community Linkages (CICL) Moderated and Lead the Discussion towards the outcome of the event.