Business Solution Awards- 2016
UBL Cell of Eastern University, Sri Lanka has decided to conduct a Competition on best business related research among final year students of all faculties to recognize the creativity among graduates of EUSL. This initiative aims to increase the motivation of undergraduates to actively involve on research activities related to the needs and opportunities of the local businesses, technologies and problem existing on society in the region.
The purpose of this award is to encourage undergraduate to do problem based research on micro/small/medium enterprises (MSMEs), Technologies and problems identified in the region to support EUSL Business Linkages. The award winner will be selected from the undergraduate who demonstrate excellence in research conducted in the final year student project. The best research will be awarded with certificates and valuable prizes.
Applicants must be;
- currently enrolled, full-time EUSL undergraduates in any discipline at any Faculty.
- genuinely involved in data collections and sampling with the guidance of an Academic/Research Supervisor
- Undergraduate students from any faculty or Campus of the Eastern University, Sri Lanka, are eligible to apply for this awards.
- The students who are recently completed their final year research in 2015, are encouraged to apply.
- The research project should be original research on micro/small medium enterprises, Business innovation, and new technologies in the Eastern province and best Solution of specific problems in the eastern region.
- The research project should have entrepreneurial concept.
- The research project should address a specific business problem or opportunity of a firm / Group / Organization in the eastern region.
- The problems should be addressed properly with the appropriate solutions.
- A scientific approach and methodology should be clearly described in the research.
- The results of the research clearly summarized in the project report.
- Real benefit for the Business/ organization must be clearly described in the project report.
- Submit your findings in “Research Summary form” through the supervisor with the recommendation of Head and Dean of the respective department/ faculty.
- A panel of senior academic of EUSL, and other experts on the field from outside will evaluate the research projects and select the best research.
- In the final event, each selected applicant will have to make a 5 minutes presentation giving overall outcome of the research project.